* Czech Police have arrested the head of the alcohol producer Likerka Drak in connection with last week's discovery of poisoned liquor.
* Prime Minister Petr Necas has announced that the Czech Republic is ready to veto the EU banking supervisor agency.
* Telecommunication giant Telefonica Czech Republic has received a 93.1 million crown fine for threatening free competition.
* Eight members of the far-right group National Resistance have been acquitted by a Prague district court.
* A ten-year prison sentence for the fugitive businessman Viktor Kozeny was upheld by an appellate court in Prague.
October 17th, 2012